Orange Breakfast Muffins recipe: Nigella Lawson - Nigella Bites
- 2 1/2 oz (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 orange (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Measure the orange juice and milk into a jug and whisk in the egg and then the cooled, melted butter.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork as you go.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before indulging.