Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe: (this will seem as not enough cookie dough, but I can guarantee you it will cover more than 24 cupcakes!)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips (it might look like you're adding too much chocolate chips, but you're not)
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add water and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and salt, mix with dough-hook attachements.
- Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Make a flat disc out of the cookie dough, wrap it in plastic and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Get on with the cupcakes.
- When ready to use again, break the cookie dough the size of a tablespoon and roll the cookie dough into a ball.
Brown Sugar Pound Cupcakes recipe: Martha Stewart - Living
Ingredients: (this is a halved recipe, but will still make about 18 cupcakes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose-flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 325F/170C.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing 30 seconds between each addition.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/eggs, mix until well blended.
- Add remaining flour and buttermilk, mix until well blended.
- Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full.
- Put a cookie dough ball in the middle.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe: My own!
(if you're working with an icing bag, or generally spread much icing on a cupcake, double this recipe!)
- 1 cup confectionars' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cacoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Sift together the confectionars's sugar and cacoa powder.
- Add the softened butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until the frosting has a slight dropping consistency.