Cherry Cheesecake recipe: Nigella Lawson - Nigella Express
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (or any digestive biscuits)
- 3/4 stick (75g) soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (didn't have a lemon)
- 1 cup double cream
- 10 ounces (300g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 jar (10 ounces) St Dalfour Rhapsodie de Fruit Black Cherry Spread (I used a regular cherry pie filling although Nigella really recommends not using this)
- 1/2 cup confectionars' sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (I don't own food processor, so I used a blender which worked really well) until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter (and sugar) and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
- Press this mixture into a 8-inch (20cm) springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the black cherry over the top.