Buttercream Icing recipe:
Ingredients: (normally I halve this recipe, but it wasn't enough so I had to make another batch, here is the doubled recipe)
- 2 cups confectionars' sugar
- 1/3 softened unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with and electric mixer until everything is well blended. Add more milk if needed.
Meringue Icing recipe: adapted from Nigella Lawson's 'Love Buns' from her book 'Feast'.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (I know this is not available in every country, so maybe using honey is another option)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until egg whites are stiff and hold their peaks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix again.