Muffins recipe: AllRecipes.com
Makes 20 - 24 muffins. (I halved it and could have got 11 or 12, but I only made 9)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
Streusel topping & filling recipe: Martha Stewart
Enough for 24 muffins.
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chilled unsalted butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles large coarse crumbs. (I squiched them with a fork)
Assembling the muffins:
- With a tablespoon, pour batter in a paper-lined muffin pan, just enough that the bottom is covered.
- Sprinkle 3/4 tablespoon streusel filling on top.
- Pour another tablespoon muffin batter on top of the streusel filling, so that the muffin cups are 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle 3/4 tablespoon streusel topping on top.
- Put in preheated oven, bake for 15 - 20 minutes.