Caramel Apple Cupcakes recipe: Krystina Castella's 'Crazy About Cupcakes'. Found on HowToEatACupcake.net.
Makes 16 - 18.
I halved the recipe and still got 10.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose-flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples; peeled, cored, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/gas mark 4. Insert liners into a cupcake pan.
2. In a large bowl beat together the bown sugar, vegetable oil, cinnamon and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition.
4. In a seperate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Beat until blended.
6. Add the apples, stir gently with a spoon.
7. Fill the cupcake liners to 3/4 full (they don't rise much) with batter. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Caramel topping recipe:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan over medium heat bring the brown sugar, butter and heavy cream to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to simmer (medium to low) and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour the caramel in a bowl (so that it will cool faster) and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. If you use the caramel right away, it will be to runny and it will hardly stick on to your cupcakes.
Fresh out of the oven. They smelled so good!
Icing a little cupcake with caramel.
My cat Kizzy couldn't be bothered with them and rolled his eyes...
But once they were decorated with these beautiful fall-sprinkles, he suddenly wanted to try them!